Dear Ashburn Family,
This week has brought a whirlwind of change for our nation, our lives, and our church. We have been following the updates each day, and information continues to change. It has presented a very fluid situation that has made it challenging to adapt and plan for the near future.
Please pray for us, as we navigate through the multitude of decisions that must be made for the safety of our church family. Our major priority is the safety of our congregation, especially those who are most vulnerable among us. Our second major concern is how we maintain community and connectivity, with the restrictions placed on us over the next couple of weeks. These are some of the challenges we must navigate.
First, let me urge you to do your best to join us online for Midweek Live at 7pm. You can join us on Facebook Live or at www.ashburn.live or through our website at www.ashburnbaptist.com. I will be sharing important details about our schedule as well as opportunities to serve one another and our community over the next couple of weeks.
As a reminder, all programming scheduled this week is canceled. Beginning this Sunday, March 22, our schedule for the remainder of March will be as follows:
- Sundays- Online Worship Experience at 11am (No Small Groups or PM service)
- Wednesdays- Midweek Live at 7pm. Elevate Live at 7pm. (No Awana, ABBI)
- No Financial Peace University, ABBI, Awana, or other gatherings for the remainder of March.
As we prepare for these online experiences, understand that you can access the services through Facebook OR directly through our website on your computer or mobile device. We have provided links below. During the next two weeks, we want to focus on community. The church is not a building, it’s a people. Even though we are practicing social distancing, we can still be the body of Christ and serve and connect with one another. Here are some ways we intend to continue practicing community within our church family:
- Small group care– Small group leaders will be calling their groups to check on your family’s wellbeing and prayer. Also, be sure to reach out to others and stay connected.
- Pastoral care– We will be calling through church membership and checking on our senior saints 65+.
- Hotline: 708-719-4013. For those who feel isolated or need counseling.
- Community care– We want to serve those in need in our community during this season. If someone you know has a need, help them contact us so we can try to serve them.
We choose to look at this season as an opportunity to magnify Jesus and offer hope to a world filled with anxiety. Your generosity is more important than ever, to help fuel our mission. Click the link below to give online. If you have never given online, you can also click HERE for additional ways to give, or you can call the Church office for assistance at (708)-403-1363.
Remember what I said Sunday, “A fearful world needs a fearless church!” None of this has taken our God by surprise. He has a plan, and He wants us to be a part of it! Stay focused, and stay faithful. I look forward to connecting with you in the online worship experiences coming up.
Pastor Tommy Thompson