Featured in the April, 2014 Issue of the Ashburn Baptist News
Facts are stubborn and unbudgeable. They are not like notions, ideas, opinions or perceptions. Facts speak of reality. Here are some facts:
1. Jesus died on Calvary’s cross. This was acknowledged by the soldiers, certified by Pilate, and recognized by Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus, who buried the body.
2. The tomb was empty on the third day. This was announced by angels and seen by the women, Peter, John, and the guards who had been posted.
3. Jesus rose from the dead and appeared to Mary (John 20:11-18).
4. Jesus appeared to a group of women (Matthew 28:9,10).
5. Jesus bodily appeared to Cleopas and his companion (Luke 24:13-32).
6. Jesus appeared to Peter (I Corinthians 15:5).
7. Jesus appeared to ten disciples in the upper room (John 20:19-25).
8. Jesus physically appeared to eleven disciples a week later (John 20:26-31).
9. Jesus appeared in Galilee to seven disciples (John 21:1-25).
10. Jesus bodily appeared to 500 people at the same time (I Corinthians 15:6).
11. Jesus appeared to James (I Corinthians 15:7).
12. Jesus appeared to His followers on the Mount of Olives (Acts 1:3-12).
These are the facts! Yes, Jesus died, bearing your load of sin and guilt and rose victoriously from the dead, proving that He is the promised One, the very Son of God. If you ignore these facts and fail to receive Jesus as Savior and Lord of your life, then what will be your future?