Dear Ashburn Family,
I pray you are safe, healthy, and encouraged in the Lord. We are about to enter our eighth week of quarantine since Governor Pritzker issued the stay-at-home order for the state of Illinois. All of us have been impacted by this pandemic in one way or the other. Some have lost their jobs, and others have lost friends or loved ones to the coronavirus. We have remained in constant prayer for each of these situations and will continue to do so.
As a church, I cannot tell you how proud I am of how you have risen up to serve one another and our community. Even with the restrictions in place, you have still found a way to carry on the mission of God, and that is what Ashburn is all about.
May is a new month, that brings with it some changes and challenges that I want you to be aware of as we move forward:
As of today, we will continue with the same weekly programming that we have for the last month, through the end of the month of May. This includes:
- Online Small Groups
- Sundays- Online Worship Experience at 11am
- Wednesdays- Midweek Live at 7pm. Elevate Live at 7pm.
We are currently creating guidelines for re-opening and returning to our facilities when the time comes. We want to ensure that when we do re-open, we are able to provide an environment that is safe and sanitized.
Even though we are practicing social distancing, you have demonstrated that we are the body of Christ as you serve and connect with one another. Keep it up!
- Small group care– Small group leaders will be calling their groups to check on your family’s wellbeing and prayer. Also, be sure to reach out to others and stay connected.
- Pastoral care– We will be calling through church membership and checking on our senior saints 65+.
- Hotline: 708-719-4013. For those who feel isolated or need counseling.
- Ashburn Cares– We want to serve those in need in our community during this season. If someone you know has a need, help them contact us so we can try to serve them.
GENEROSITY IN THE NEW FISCAL YEAR
As I said before, we choose to look at this season as an opportunity to magnify Jesus and offer hope to a world filled with anxiety. Last week we approved our new budget for the fiscal year, 2020-2021, which begins today. Your generosity is more important than ever, as we move forward into a new year of opportunities to bring people to new life in Jesus. Thank you for your continued faithfulness to God during this crisis. If you have never given online, click HERE to learn about ways to give, or you can call the Church office for assistance at (708)-403-1363.
You have truly been a “fearless church in a fearful world.” God has enabled us, and sustained us through this life-altering pandemic, as we strive to continue to carry out His mission. I can’t wait until we are able to come together again physically, but until then, I look forward to joining you online this weekend for worship and a message from God’s Word. May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Pastor Tommy Thompson